Been a while, better put up an update. I basically had to put her on hold for a while but I'm pecking away at it now.
I found an alternate A/C highmount bracket in my local JY. All of my part number are different that what I've found online, but it works and cost me $30.00 for everything. Hopefully I can get the T case a bit more to the passsenger side now.
That's about the time I had to move it out of the barn.
Shoved her back this fall in but I'm kinda draggin my feet to see if I can find a 24v/ 6 speeds set up so I'm moving on to the rear axle. Cut out the stock d60 and am going to mock up with stock 3" leafs to figure how much lift I'm going to need to level it out. This means I need 3" hangers as well. I have a set from my 73 and I'm pretty sure the 2wd rear/front hangers are the same as 78-79. I have a spare set on the way just in case.
Dang, these frames are thin.
D80 all rebuilt and pretty.
Grinder bit me....thought that was going to be a gusher at first:
Picked up a spare block to use for mockup and well....ya just never know. I can't put my hiost in front of the truck in my barn so this beings way,way lighter I should be able to hang it over the side and continue with the engine- T case debacle.
1973 CS converted to Highboy, My Evil Green Truck, D60 axles,460 running 4.56 gears. Power Steering and Hydroboost conversion.
1972 Ford Crew Cab
1979 F250 4X4...Almost done.