1976 Highboy on Bring a Trailer

Crew Cab trucks for the web that are for sale. Craigslist, ebay, etc...
Forum rules
Online ads will expire after 30 days. You may repost a truck here after it has expired.
Bullistik8v92
Jr Mod - Guru
Jr Mod - Guru

Re: 1976 Highboy on Bring a Trailer

Post by Bullistik8v92 »

bumpsidetreasures wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:02 pm
dcook1009 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:16 am

I have come to the conclusion that there are enough idiots in this world today that no price is too high...if someone wants it they will pay dang near anything! I shake my head constantly at the insanity that ensues when someone tries to buy my truck from me. Most of the time I just walk away, but there are times when I can't help but laugh and realize that the current status of intelligence will only get worse. #smh

I say it takes an idiot NOT to believe these are becoming worth great money. After all, we're hardly talking the price of a Kia here, let's be real..

41k was under-value. Had he hired a professional photographer it would have been over 45k.

• J

A lot of truth in that I think. If a guy looks back over the last 20-30 years you can see this sort of thing with all sorta of cars and trucks. Corvettes were cheap and then skyrocketed, same with Mustangs, C10's etc.

The crewcabs are going up in price because they're going up in popularity. Until recently it was rare you ever saw one in a magazine or a build show of any kind not a lot more mention in the forums even. The last few years there is a lot of interest in them and they are genuinely a fairly rare vehicle compared to most truck production numbers in the same year range.

I do think the market is all over the place. You see a pretty well done truck like that red and then see a clapped out, mis-matched rust bucket that the drip rails have fallen off of and they want 4500 for it.

When I was a little I never thought my Uncle's Impala or Dad's vette would be worth much. They were cool, but were just old cars at the time really. Fast forward a bit and that special order Impala is appraised at 50k and is a small block automatic car and the Vette is near twice that. It's all relative and it just happens to be the old CrewCabs day.

I suspect the value will continue to go up for a few more years, level out and fall slightly to a new "average" just like Mustangs and Corvettes and everything else.

OrthmannJ

Post by OrthmannJ »

You're right Patrick. It's really amazing to see how vehicles that seem to go from neat, but nothing out of the ordinary to high dollar collector's items.

Bullistik8v92 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:38 pm

I suspect the value will continue to go up for a few more years, level out and fall slightly to a new "average" just like Mustangs and Corvettes and everything else.

I agree. Right now there is a general buzz about specific vehicles from the 70's, mostly off-road worthy rigs and pick-up trucks. Jeep Wagoneers, IH scouts, of course Broncos and then 4X4 trucks. You add the rarity of the crew cab to the mix and it's a recipe for big increases in value. I don't think we've seen the peak yet. But I expect things to go just as you predicted.

1973 F-250 Crew Cab
1969 F-100
1996 F-350 Crew Cab Powerstroke
Previous rigs:
1978 F-250 crew cab
1994 Explorer XLT
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT
1981 F-100 shortbox stepside Ranger XLT
1994F-150 XLT S/C 4X4

Bullistik8v92
Jr Mod - Guru
Jr Mod - Guru

Post by Bullistik8v92 »

OrthmannJ wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:16 am

You're right Patrick. It's really amazing to see how vehicles that seem to go from neat, but nothing out of the ordinary to high dollar collector's items.

It's funny how many vehicles I've owned that I thought were cool but weren't worth much and now I wish I could find! Especially stuff like the old Ford and Chevy wagons I've had. I'd LOVE to have another Country Squire with a 390 or 428 but the last couple years I can't find a halfway solid wagon that isn't 3 times what I'm willing to pay. Same for pickups. Had a bunch of C10s over the years and most were cool, but they weren't anything special. The last one I traded a few years ago was a 6 cyl, automatic long bed (but really solid - only surface rust) I think I paid 1100 bucks for and traded for a 7.3 PowerStroke SuperDuty after driving it for a year and half!

But, another good deal is always around the corner and it's just how stuff goes. Fortunately I've got a couple of the trucks I was sorta looking for so I'll just ride out the wave and see what happens.

OrthmannJ

Post by OrthmannJ »

Bullistik8v92 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:23 am

It's funny how many vehicles I've owned that I thought were cool but weren't worth much and now I wish I could find!

:lol: exactly!

1973 F-250 Crew Cab
1969 F-100
1996 F-350 Crew Cab Powerstroke
Previous rigs:
1978 F-250 crew cab
1994 Explorer XLT
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT
1981 F-100 shortbox stepside Ranger XLT
1994F-150 XLT S/C 4X4