Cargo Light

rcowan
Guru
Guru

Cargo Light

Post by rcowan »

My crewcab has a cargo light mounted to the back of the cab. Last night I dug into why it wasn't working. It was a short trip. I pulled the light off to check the bulb and everything behind the housing is missing. There isn't a bulb holder or any wiring back there. :cry:

I have done a bit of looking online and it appears there was a switch to turn this on originally (I thought maybe it was wired to the dome light circuit). My question is this. Where does that switch mount in a crewcab? Anyone have any pictures of one mounted? Anyone have a cargo light harness they want to see? ;) Thanks!

Rob

'65 F250 2wd
'79 F250 Crewcab 4wd

reganswan

Re: Cargo Light

Post by reganswan »

On a crewcab I can't tell you for sure where the switch was, but on a regular cab it was right above the drivers seat belt. I will snap you a pic when I get home if you need it.

rcowan
Guru
Guru

Post by rcowan »

A picture would be great. Thanks!

'65 F250 2wd
'79 F250 Crewcab 4wd

Ranger429
Guru
Guru

Post by Ranger429 »

I'd suspect it would be in the same spot.

Not mine but you can see it in this pic, regular cab.

79 F-250, 4x4, 36" Cepeks, 70 429

79 Bronco Trailer Special, 35" Cepeks

rcowan
Guru
Guru

Post by rcowan »

Great. That picture helps! It would be a bit less "convenient" there in a crew but that's probably where they put them. I'd love to see/hear from someone that has a crew with a factory mounted switch. I'm going to have to look for extra holes in my crew now but I don't remember any up there.........

'65 F250 2wd
'79 F250 Crewcab 4wd

justintime

Post by justintime »

My '79 CC has a switch located right above where the drivers seat belt would be if it was a regular cab. Its right above the drivers side rear seat. And yes it is a little inconvenient being located there.

justintime
1979 F-250 4X4 Crew Cab

rcowan
Guru
Guru

Post by rcowan »

Thanks for sharing! That helps. I wonder if they were dealer installed or factory installed? I could see the location varying a bit if they were dealer installed....

'65 F250 2wd
'79 F250 Crewcab 4wd