Electrical and Wiring

Crackpot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Electrical and Wiring

Postby Crackpot » Fri May 09, 2008 3:51 pm

So I have decided to create an entire crew cab electrical guide. It’s almost the same for a regular cab except I don’t have one of them to test on. :lol: Stay tuned, the next few days I will put a nice one together.

:!: Warnings and Fire Hazards:
DO NOT WORK ON YOUR TRUCK WITH OUT THE WHEELS BLOCKED. MAKE SURE TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY WHILE YOU’RE WORKING ON WIRES TO KEEP FROM GETTING SHOCKED OR STARTING YOUR TRUCK ON FIRE. FLAMMABLE MATERIALS INCLUDING RAGS, GAS, PLASTIC EXPLOSIVES, ETC CAN IGNITE AT GREAT DISTANCE AND SHOULD BE KEPT WELL AWAY FROM ANYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR.

:!: Death and Dismemberment:
IGNITING ANY FLAMMABLE MATERIAL CAN CAUSE EXPLOSION AND SERIOUSLY HURT, MAIM, AND OR EVEN STEVEN HAWKINGS YOU! DON’T PUT YOUR FINGERS OR CLOTHES NEAR ANYTHING THAT CAN RIP THEM OFF. THE FAN, ALTERNATOR, BELTS, AND EVEN THE DISTRIBUTOR CAN SERIOUSLY SCREW YOU UP AND CAUSE YOU TO BLEED TO DEATH. PUTTING YOUR HEAD UNDER YOUR VEHICLE CAN CAUSE CRUSHING, BREAKING, AND EVEN INSTANT DEATH IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL.

ELECTRICITY CAN CAUSE BURNS, BLINDING, CONVULSIONS, AND EVEN DEATH. WORKING ON YOUR VEHICLE HAS ITS OWN INHERENT DANGERS THAT CANT BE COVERED IN THIS GUIDE. DON’T EXPECT SOMEONE ELSE TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING. YOU’RE USING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

USING THIS GUIDE HAS RISKS, AND NONE OF US ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE RISKS. SEEN OR UNFORESEEN RISKS ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE READER AND YOU HOLD EVERYONE HARMLESS FOR YOUR OWN STUPIDITY OR DEATH WHILE ATTEMPTING TO USE THIS GUIDE
1971 F250 Crew Cab 4X4
For all your Salmon Fishing in Oregon http://www.kellyshortoutdoors.com
http://www.oldfordcrewcabs.com

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

crewcabz
Jr Mod - Guru
Jr Mod - Guru

Re: Electrical and Wiring

Postby crewcabz » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:31 pm

Keep 'em coming, all good warnings! I'm assuming that since they all make sense (sort of) that the legal dept. hasn't looked 'em over yet!

Last warning I might include just for CYA purposes would address having a friend "help" you on any projects...and being aware that common sense is not as common as it should be, make sure your friends have read the manual and signed a waiver!
ADD YOURSELF TO THE MAP

POST YER PICS!
Happy Motoring- Zeek
'78 F-250 Crew
'56 Willys P/U (Stock)
'50 Ford Sedan (Custom)

Chaunt Diddly

Postby Chaunt Diddly » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Another good idea when your friends are helping you keep the keys in your pocket, don't mess with timing your truck with friends at a party (hands in the fan is expensive & finding the wrench is hard) & save the beer for the end. Lessons i learned young the hard way.
Shawn Rants

75Bigcrew
Part Timer
Part Timer

Postby 75Bigcrew » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:28 pm

I agree on the fan part-EXPENSIVE hospital bills.My brother inlaw was leaning in the engine compartment reving the carb by hand when a metal fan blade broke off and darn near cut his right arm off.It earned him a ride in the med flight helicopter and he still has very little feeling in two of his fingers. I might add he had no fan shroud at the time. Since then I make it common practice to take a look at my fan blades once in a while for cracks. I have replaced the plastic fan on my 2002 f-450 twice now because of cracks.
'75 Crew 360 Auto

Disable adblock

crewcabz
Jr Mod - Guru
Jr Mod - Guru

Postby crewcabz » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:30 pm

75Bigcrew wrote:... I make it common practice to take a look at my fan blades once in a while for cracks. I have replaced the plastic fan on my 2002 f-450 twice now because of cracks.

Very good advice. Oil change, check belts, check fan, check filters... That's a good plan (IMO)
ADD YOURSELF TO THE MAP

POST YER PICS!
Happy Motoring- Zeek
'78 F-250 Crew
'56 Willys P/U (Stock)
'50 Ford Sedan (Custom)

Disable adblock

Return to “Electrical and Wiring”