Electric fans

not2close2u

Electric fans

Postby not2close2u » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:33 am

I am looking at replacing my flex fan with an Electric fan.But I have seen so many that I need input from you guys as to what you have installed and is it working good for you.I have a 1977 with 428 cj and I want to keep it cooool.Thank you for your time.Not2close

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

InfoFord
SR Moderator
SR Moderator

Re: Electric fans

Postby InfoFord » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:45 pm

if you want to keep it cool then super cooler radiator proper fitting shroud and a OEM clutch fan

if you want to keep fighting it then keep the flex fan or go to electric fans

kodiak61
Part Timer
Part Timer

Re: Electric fans

Postby kodiak61 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:39 pm

If you head over to the dent side section on FTW (ford-trucks.com) you will find some really good threads on Lincoln MarkIII fan swaps.

Or just use google and do a search for "lincoln markIII fan swap".

There is a multitude of different vehicle enthusiasts who use this fan motor in their rig of choice and all swear by it.

I picked one up from the junkyard but have yet to install. Once I do I will post more here about it and what I think.

I did however just finish doing the 3g swap into my truck and that I absolutely love. You can search that out as well on google or on FTE. In a nutshell it is taking a 130amp alt out of a new ford and swapping it into our old trucks. With all the electrical accessories I'm running on mine it was a must have. And the total bill? $78.32. That was the total from the junkyard and from the auto parts store getting the required fuse and some misc wire nuts.

I spent a little more but it wasnt required, just decided it was a good time to re wire lume my entire bay and secure everything down in a clean fashion.

Good luck which ever way you go.

-Andrew

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Return to “Electrical and Wiring”