1975 F-250 CCSB 4x4 build thread

maddogjohnson
Jr Mod - Guru
Jr Mod - Guru

Re: 1975 F-250 CCSB 4x4 build thread

Postby maddogjohnson » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:58 pm

It was about an 85 mile drive to get to FiTech but since it was the day after Christmas there was hardly anyone on the road so it only took about an hour and ten minutes. During peak traffic times that same drive could take three hours.

I've started working towards getting the heater/defroster in working order. I figure I should have that working if I decide to head up into the mountains this winter. :) The blower motor is new and works fine. The first simple step was hooking up the ground wire in the engine compartment and jumping power to the blower motor directly from the battery to ensure the ground was good. I've got all the wiring diagrams for a 1973 and 1978 model year but I'm not sure of the similarities or differences between those years and 1975, particularly in the wire colors and relay switches. Next, I've got to verify the rest of the wiring to the instrument panel and the various vacuum lines.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Bullistik8v92
Jr Mod - Guru
Jr Mod - Guru

Re: 1975 F-250 CCSB 4x4 build thread

Postby Bullistik8v92 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:03 pm

I think for regular heat only there were not many changes in wiring until maybe the 78's. But I'm not 100% certain on that.

Heat and defrost sure is nice when it's cold! You can't drive faster for any relief from cold, it only makes it worse.

Return to “Projects - Images and stories, etc...”