I'm taking it slow but here are some progress pics:
New gears in and ready for the differential cover to go on:
You can see the wear pattern in this picture:
Prior to disassembly. You can see that the outer stub axle slingers are a bit beat up. I've got new slingers to install.
The spread of tools and my "workbench" where I pressed out the old bearings and pressed in the new bearings. As you can see at this point I had the old bearings removed and the shafts separated.
Pressing a new bearing in:
Here's a shot with the new driver side bearing pressed in.
Both driver and passenger axle shafts now have the new bearings installed and the passenger side has the new slinger in place. I still need to replace the slinger on the driver side and finish polishing up the bearing surfaces.
Here's a few pics of my spindles. Quite a bit of pitting and grooves. I'm undecided on whether I'll speedi-sleeve these, buy new aftermarket, or buy used spindles out of a newer Dana 60 that'll fit, like out of a 1990 F-350. I found a used pair for $45 each plus shipping that I'm leaning towards buying if they're in good shape.