77 Crewcab Build

Bullistik8v92
Guru
Guru

Re: 77 Crewcab Build

Postby Bullistik8v92 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:53 pm

PACrewCab wrote:Anxious to see video of it running. :D

Hopefully soon! It's oil tight (well, as oil tight as it's every gonna get). I painted the lower rad tube tonight - it's in the shop drying now so it'll be coolant tight soon. I need to get the passenger side inner fender back on and build a bracket for the coolant filter and that is the last coolant hose that needs to be done.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Bullistik8v92
Guru
Guru

Postby Bullistik8v92 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:02 pm

Image20180515_152346 by Patrick Oilnut, on Flickr

I got my bulkhead connector in the firewall today. I wanted to make this thing as easy to service as possible, so I'm making the cab easy to pull off the frame like a modern diesel pickup. That's a 22 pin Weather Pak which should be enough. I actually bought 2 of them and if I need more room I'll put the second one up high in the middle of the firewall where the hvac vacuum lines used to go through. I REALLY want to clean up some of the welding, but once the hurcliner is on you won't see it. And the firewall was just such a mess from the previous owner I ran out all sorts of hidden crap when I started to weld. I keep reminding myself it's not a show truck, it just has to be nice.

Image20180515_152354 by Patrick Oilnut, on Flickr

Core support mods are done so I painted the core support and put the rad back in this evening as well.

Image20180515_153344 by Patrick Oilnut, on Flickr

I installed one of the fancy engine barring adapters. Never used one before so I thought I'd give it a try on this project.

Image20180515_191808 by Patrick Oilnut, on Flickr

Started on the interior work too. Got the old steering column out. I have an Ididit tilt column to go back in. I think I'm going to pull the dash next. I have a parts truck that's a factory AC truck so I think I'll steel the dash out of that. Now I need to decide what color the interior will be.

In keeping with the restomod/protouring theme I'm leaning towards the 73-75 midnight metallic blue color and maybe 2-tone it. But I'm torn on the 2 tone. I like the white center on the sides, but I'm not using lower trim or race track so I'm thinking I may go with a white top and blue everywhere else. In which case I probably should do the interior blue as well. Going to have to ponder on that some.

OrthmannJ

Postby OrthmannJ » Wed May 16, 2018 7:41 am

Progress is looking good! Interior decisions can be hard to make. Especially if you are uncertain about the exterior color.
1969 F-100
1996 F-350 Crew Cab Powerstroke
Previous rigs:
1978 F-250 crew cab
1994 Explorer XLT
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT
1981 F-100 shortbox stepside Ranger XLT
1994 F-150 XLT S/C 4X4

Bullistik8v92
Guru
Guru

Postby Bullistik8v92 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:34 pm

The hardest decision has been to not blow the thing apart and start really going after it. I resisted the urge to cut out all the old repairs and make them pretty like the mess in the firewall I ran into and the floor pans, etc.

But the color is the next hardest. I'm pretty set on blue as the main color. I haven't really decided if I want to stay with an all original paint scheme or whatever I decide at the time.

Leaning towards white roof and blue from there down and blue inside. I've also thought about doing most of the interior in the same white as the roof just to lighten up the interior.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Return to “Projects - Images and stories, etc...”