rough diamonds

Single Cab or Regular Cab
Mostly pre 1986
flabmobile
Contributor
Contributor

rough diamonds

Post by flabmobile »

These are sitting in a yard over the back fence of my work. I have never seen anyone near them. The only activity is that every fall, the weeds get mowed. They both look like they could be saved.

Attachments
DSCF2225.JPG
DSCF2224.JPG
DSCF2223.JPG
DSCF2222.JPG

OldIron
Contributor
Contributor

Re: rough diamonds

Post by OldIron »

I hate to see old trucks wasting away like that. Its like watching an old barn fall in over the years and not being able to save it. Someone would like to save either of them but its hard to match the truck with a willing person.

OrthmannJ

Post by OrthmannJ »

Or a willing seller...

What I tend to run into are folks that have no intention of selling their stuff. The generic claim is "I'm going to fix it up one day"
I'd love to have either of those trucks. I hope they get saved.

1969 F-100
1996 F-350 Crew Cab Powerstroke
Previous rigs:
1978 F-250 crew cab
1994 Explorer XLT
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT
1981 F-100 shortbox stepside Ranger XLT
1994 F-150 XLT S/C 4X4

Bullistik8v92
Jr Mod - Guru
Jr Mod - Guru

Post by Bullistik8v92 »

OrthmannJ wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Or a willing seller...

What I tend to run into are folks that have no intention of selling their stuff. The generic claim is "I'm going to fix it up one day"
I'd love to have either of those trucks. I hope they get saved.

There is a lot of that. I've spotted stuff and kept an eye on it and never seen the stuff move and eventually ask if they'd sell it and most of the time they have big big plans and the stuff just keeps rotting.

BUT, every once in awhile you get the, well I never really thought about selling it. Or the I didn't think anyone would want that old whatever. Sometimes it's worth asking if you can find an owner or a mailbox or something.

Either of those trucks looks like a good start to a project. At least get it on the road.

mouguluc
Guru
Guru

Post by mouguluc »

Oh man, over here in the east those wouldn't be diamonds in the rough, just diamonds!

I am Mouguluc. Why? Because I can't figure out how to change it.